So last year I missed my anniversary for my blog by like four days, this year it was by like two months almost lol. We’ll chalk that up to the hell that has been 2020-21 thus far.
2019-2020 I was really excited to have gotten to 500 followers, I now am so lucky to not only have that same amount still but to have gained another 300. Not as much as I hoped when I was at this point last year, but, I also have been really quiet on the blogging scene aside from chugging out posts, so, I’m not ‘disappointed’ I’m pretty happy with that number.
My bookshelves are still as crazy as they were last year when I gave the tour, like they got better then they got worse again, and now they’re just completely inaccessible for the moment so I couldn’t even do that as part of the tour, but, I learned to let go of a lot of books in the past year as well so I felt proud of that and wanted to mention it lol.
What has changed?
- I stopped taking on so many blog tours. And it feels great
- My Indie Spotlight didn’t take off the way I hoped and I’ve shelved it for now
- I have Videogames & Books post segments now
- I also have Book versus Film post segments now
- I hosted some readalongs with other First Riders for Crown of Feathers and Heart of Flames, and my friends Kal and Ruby for Gravemaidens as well.
- I’ve now started doing a couple of composition pieces for books.
- I’ve started to dabble in painting edges! (In fact my last one was my best so far and it’s on my bookstagram)
- Oh! I have a pinterest board that not only has my posts but boards I’ve done for street team books!
- My playlists have grown in number for book inspired lists.
- There are unboxings now!
- I was on the longlist for best post from UKYABA
- I and my book pick were on the shortlist of NB’s book blogger’s choice award!
- Because of that ^ I also saw my review printed in a magazine, and I even got to do a second post with them!
So, it was a pretty good year for me in a lot of ways even if it didn’t feel like it at times.
Some of my favorite posts I wrote (2020)
Infinity Courts Buzz Week Post
The Last Unicorn: Film VS. Book
5 Books I Wish I had Special Editions Of
Fictionally Sam’s Guest Post!!!
Warmaidens Blog Tour: Author Interview
Racial Blindness and its Negative Effect on Authors of Color
NB Magazine Blogger’s Choice Award
Penguin Huddle Cornerstone Event
-More of the posts I already do, I’m happy with my line up and mix of reviews, lists, and others
-More posts covering virtual events.
-I hope to give you all more composition pieces (simple ones as I focus mostly on performing than writing in music)
-Focusing a bit more on my own writings/WIP
-Shelving adventures galore coming ahead
-Hoping to hit 1K Followers!
One reply on “Belated Two Year Blogiversary”
[…] Belated Two Year Blogiversary […]