Another BESpring 19 prompt! This one is from Amanda @ Between the Shelves and it’s a book tag, and, well, who doesn’t love a fun tag?!
- Link back to the original post
- Tag as many friends as you want
- Have fun!
Spring Cleaning Book Tag
1. Getting started: A book series you’ve been wanting to read
Well, I really want to read The Three Musketeers but it’s also part of a series if you didn’t know, The d’Artagnan Romances and we own three of them so far, so, I hope to at least get to one of them this year!
2. Cleaning/organizing the closet: The best way to organize books
I do a bit of genre and then author. Most authors I read and own don’t tend to jump genre, but I do put all YA on their own shelf and organize them by genre/series. We also have a shelf just for nonfiction and some historical fiction [mostly because the historical fiction doesn’t fit anywhere else if we’re being honest here].
3. Getting rid of unnecessary things: Book/series you no longer need
Hmm…this is a difficult one for me! There are probably a bunch of ARCs that I don’t need anymore, but I can’t think of them at the moment. I’ll have to collect them soon to get rid of them.
4. Get some air: Your favorite light-hearted read
I don’t know if I could name a favorite but I read a really nice novella this week, The Ballet Lover by Barbara L. Baer, just a woman ballet journalist/critic witnessing events, and not necessarily light-hearted as it wasn’t weighed down by complex plot lines, it’s a one sitting kind of read.
5. Clean out the kitchen cupboards: Favorite food-themed read
Uh, I don’t really have any food-themed reads, but in Hallowe’en Party the victim bobs for apples?? Does this count?
6. Dust the shelves: What’s the fifth book on your bookshelf?
Hmm, our bookshelves are double/triple stacked, but I guess In Chancery by John Galsworthy is our fifth book? It’s the second book in the Forsyte Saga (Forsyte Chronicles #2).
7. Wishing for the end: A 2019 release you’re really excited about
Real Talk? The Secret Commonwealth, The Book of Dust #2 by Philip Pullman, it comes out in my birthday month as well so just a double bonus that it and like two others are coming out in October.
8. Long but satisfying: The longest book series you’ve read
Oh uh, page lengthwise the longest series I read was Game of Thrones but I think we all know that’s not a satisfying read. -Refuses to say anything negative about the fact that we’re still waiting for this book.- But the longest book series, that could be tricky, I like longer series, except Wheel of Time, I read and enjoyed the first three books of that but all I kept thinking was ‘he’ll never finish this.’ And well I guess I was half true.