It’s Sunday, I’m picking my daughter up from her Brownies trip and yesterday we had an unexpected charity shop spree. We went to one but it was just choc-full of amazing books. So.
We did it. That was our adventurous thing to do while the daughter is away, buy books.
Also, I forgot to show these off last week:
The total from last Sunday was £4.49
Finally, the ones from today
We were able to pick up a couple of more classics that matched some we already have. Grabbed some great nonfiction reads, and well, went overboard. But we hadn’t really planned on buying books today and the shop was all the way in Edinburgh so we wouldn’t be back to that part of the city anytime soon. We live in Fife and if we go into Edinburgh it’s usually for shows or the museum.
- The Diary of Anne Frank £2.00
- The French Revolution, Christopher Hibbert £2.00
- The French Revolution £4.00
- The Russian Revolution 1917-1932 £2.00
- Naming Jack the Ripper £4.00
- Bletchley Circle £2.00
- The World According to Garp £2.00
- The Way of the Flesh £2.00
- Usher Hall £2.00
- Lenin £2.00
- The Happy Prince and Other Stories £1.50
- Count Karlstein £1.50
- Hocus Pocus (Kurt Vonnegut) £2.00
- The Little World of Don Camillo £2.00
- The Wife of Bath £2.00
A total of £33.00 for today
Come about October/November I’ll probably have donated at least a 1/3 of everything I’ve been buying lately.
Anyway, that’s it, not much of a post but I’m always excited to share our finds.